Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Marine Air Systems P-500 pump won't start without banging on it.
January 29, 2012
2:32 pm
Steve Pooler
Admin
Forum Posts: 1127
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Best to replace a pump of that age...

Email ** you don't have permission to see this link ** for pricing, or just use the contact Steve link at the top of any page on the site.

January 29, 2012
1:25 pm
jeffmitchell00
Members
Forum Posts: 4

Did you ever get this pump?  I am interested in buying one to install before spring launch and was wonderinf if you have one and/or will you have them before spring time?

I also just wanted to double check with you regarding repair.  Someone at the marina told me you can take the pump apart and clean it which sometimes does the trick.  They said the pump sometimes has the magnet stick?????  Does this sound like a possible solution to the problem or is it not worth it and do you know what the guy was referring to?

Hate to second guess your response but just wanted to be 100% sure and would be willing to give a repair a try before spending the money for a new pump.  The pump is over 10 years old but is on a boat with low hours and not much use.

Thanks again for your help. 

July 28, 2011
7:29 am
Steve Pooler
Admin
Forum Posts: 1127

Is it a common problem ?....Yes/No...but Nothing lasts forever...

Yes it sounds like you need a replacement...The only serviceable parts are for the pump head & not the motor....

The exact/direct replacement is a March brand...Model LC-3C-MD which is available thru March distributors for cheaper than you can get the PML-500 from Dometic/Cruisair/Marine Air dealers.

I do sell the one with the Dometic sticker but my pricing is not competitive even when I discount it...I'm working on a supply for March pumps other than Dometic and hope to have them available in my store soon at competitive pricing...

March pumps are the best design & quality for the job...

Steve~

July 27, 2011
9:42 pm
jeffmitchell00
Members
Forum Posts: 4

I have a P-500 which does not want to start by itself.  If I bang on the pump it will start working and stay working until I turn power off to it and let it sit for a few days.  When I try to start it again, I have to jump start it by banging on it. 

Is there any way to service this pump or oil it or rebuild it somehow?  If not, can you suggest a replacement pump and provide a link for something that would be a direct replacement?  Are these pumps universal and/or do I need to replace it with the exact make/model.

It supplies a single Marine Air Systems Vector Series self contained combined heat/ac unit with a digital passport II control board on a 28 Wellcraft martinique. 

Is this a common problem?  Someone told me it seems like something is sticking. 

Thanks in advance for your help.