Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
240 Volts in on a 120 Volt line
April 25, 2012
10:23 am
Ernie Jones
Nashville, TN moderate
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I pulled my 1991 33’ Carver a month ago and when I connected a 30amp plug to keep the refrigerator functioning in the yard, I noticed the voltmeter was pegged on the leg that also controls both AC units. Quickly flipped the breakers off and discovered the incoming voltage was 240 rather than 120. (The pole I was hooked to had been rewired following a flood in 2010 and I was the first person to use it.) After launch a week later discovered the front unit had no display while the aft unit was fine. (The circulating pump comes on and functions with no problem) The front (and aft unit) is/are original 1991 Marine Air URE12KH model with (in front) a black Marine Air ECU model # 222-101020.

Thinking that maybe the ECU was cooked, I replaced the front ECU with the identical unit and there is still no display. (I have an extra ECU after upgrading the aft unit a few years to a current Passport control.)

Have I fried the power supply? There is 120 volts going into the front power supply so I know the breaker for the unit is still functional. Can you tell me how to proceed to verify what got cooked?Confused