Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Service Caps
August 12, 2011
8:09 am
Steve Pooler
Forum Posts: 1127
Member Since:
November 12, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline


That is a typical place for refrigerant to leak out...From a missing or loose cap...

If they are split systems the originals did not use o-rings...The smaller caps are 1/4" flare caps and you should be able to find them at most any hardware or home store that has a good plumbing section...

The larger service valve stem caps you will find today are made of plastic...Any local commercial refrigeration or A/C supply house should have them...If they won't sell to you try Grainger...Actually...Grainger should have both sizes...



August 12, 2011
7:47 am
Forum Posts: 5
Member Since:
August 7, 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Steve, I am missing a couple of service caps and would like to have  fresh O rings in all the others inclucing the larger caps that cover the valves. How is the best way to get these correct parts.



'69 Chris Craft Commander 42'

Delray Beach, Fl